Thu, 03/26/2020 - 09:29
- The UGR Educational Psychology Office (GPP) offers tips and recommendations for students on day-to-day life during the lockdown due to the coronavirus situation
In what follows, the Educational Psychology Office, which is part of the Vice-Rectorate for Student Services and Employability at the University of Granada, provides students with useful guidelines to help them undertake their daily tasks from home during the coronavirus lockdown.
Tips and recommendations:
- Get up every day at the same time. Try to make it early and stick to the timetable you had when attending face-to-face classes.
- Get washed and dressed, and have breakfast. Don't spend all day in your pyjamas.
- Take care of your study environment, which should be a quiet, tidy space with few distractions. Try to keep your mobile phone outside the study space.
- Make a list of the tasks you want to carry out for the day. Keep using your diary to write them down, prioritising and crossing them off as they are completed. Start with the first task and set short intervals of time for each one.
- Try to maintain a constant pace of work. Establish clear study hours and breaks. Make a timetable and put it where you can see it.
- Don’t forget to take breaks. Try to move your body and stretch your legs, walk around the house, go out on to your balcony and get some fresh air, etc.
- Use study skills that are appropriate to the subject you are studying. It is always important to switch between study that requires more cognitive effort (memorising, assimilating, understanding) with less intense activities (doing readings, making marginal notes, outlines and summaries, etc.).
- Do not miss the online classes organised by your teachers for each course.
- Be creative and try to foster creativity. Draw, write, dance — do everything that makes you feel good.
- Communicate with your teachers using the forum messaging/emailing systems enabled for this purpose. Keep up to date with the official information related to the COVID-19 situation via the UGR website: https://covid19.ugr.es
- Try to watch your diet and avoid snacking between meals.
- Exercise daily (include it in your timetable).
- Diversify your leisure activities: alternate between reading, social networks, board games, online games, watching tutorials, series, etc.
- Help with daily household chores.
- Share your leisure time with others.
- Pay attention to your emotions. This will help you to live in the present and manage anxiety better.
UGR Educational Psychology Office:
Official information related to the COVID-19 situation via the UGR website: