The Universidad de Granada -UGR-, with almost 500 years of history, is a public university involved in a high quality teaching and researching, with a clear international vocation. Each year, more than 4800 students come to the UGRto study in one of its more of 270 qualifications, grade and post-grade degrees.
A high-ranking university
1. The UGR, one of the best in Europe, is widely recognized internationally for its quality in various university fields; teaching, research and cultural services.
2. It is the favourite destination for European exchange students (LLP/Erasmus). In 2007 it was awarded with the Gold Star of the Erasmus Programme.
3. It participates in over 800 bilateral and multilateral exchanges with institutions around the world.
4. The UGR is a welcoming and cosmopolitan university. In fact 13% of the students at the UGR are international students.
A wide range of programmes and degrees
5. The UGR offers a wide selection of academic and modern programmes of quality and with a clear international vocation, including 24 double degrees and joint degrees for more than 70,000 students.
6. In the course 2011/2012 the UGR will offer:
58 degrees covering all areas;
78 Official Masters, including: 4 Erasmus Mundus Masters (one taught completely in English),
2 Official Masters completely taught in english
7 bilingual Official Masters (Spanish-English);
35 Doctoral Programmes;
over 35 Summer Courses;
133 Virtual Courses.
7. After a successful completion of one of our academic programmes, you can enjoy excellent employment opportunities as our students are widely demanded in the labour market.
8. You can also learn Spanish and other foreign languages, with the 10,000 students who each year are enrolled in courses offered by the Centre for Modern Languages and Chinese in the Confucio Institute of the UGR.
9. The UGR is recognized internationally for its excellence in research in many fields.
Quality of facilities and activities
10. The UGR offers a wide range of quality services covering all aspects of university life (housing, libraries, wireless, refectory, welfare for the disabled, sports and many more).
University, city and environment
11. The UGR merges with the city, distributing their schools and campuses and giving at the city of Granada a typical student environment with more than 70,000 students.
12. The city of Granada, safe and modern, also has a privileged geography, located halfway between the sea and the mountain: 40 minutes from the Mediterranean coast with tropical climate and 30 minutes from the ski resort of Sierra Nevada.
Granada seduces you…
13. Its fame as a cultural city, a city of monuments, historical and university along with its charm and its many cultural and recreational activities makes it a great city to explore and a great tourist destination.
Social life and cost of living
14. The city of Granada offers you many cultural possibilities. Spanish food is internationally recognized for its quality and variety and Granada is known for its “tapas”. Besides, Granada is considered one of the cheapest cities in Spain and Europe to live as a student.
Solidarity and environment
15. As a student you will be part of development cooperation activities and training of communities in need.