Purpose and areas of application
This protocol will be applicable to applications from students who, due to the circumstances established herein, and within the framework of the maximum levels of flexibility referred to in the Resolution of the Rector of the University of Granada of 23 March 2021 on the development of teaching and assessment from 6 April 2021 onwards, are unable to take part in face-to-face teaching activities.
This protocol defines the scenarios in which students may request remote teaching and remote evaluation of continuous assessment exercises.
The scenarios and situations covered are:
- Students in an officially recognised situation of vulnerability or who are main caregivers, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations on Support Procedures for Vulnerable Students and the Main Caregivers of Persons in Covid-19 Risk Groups for the Purposes of Adapting Teaching, Learning and Assessment in the 2020-2021 Academic Year (approved in an extraordinary session of the Governing Council on 5 October 2020).
- International students of the University of Granada who are currently living abroad.
- Degree-seeking students of the University of Granada who are currently living abroad and who are facing travel restrictions from their current country of residence.
- Students on national mobility programmes (Exchange System between Spanish Universities [SICUE]) or international mobility students who are currently in their country or province of origin.
- Students from other Spanish provinces who are no longer residing in Granada and who can prove that a social or financial situation prevents them from moving to Granada and who do not meet the requirements to apply for Social Grants.
- Other possible exceptional circumstances that are claimed and accredited. These will be processed and assessed by the Vice-Rector for Student Services and Employability and, if admitted, will be communicated to the relevant faculties and schools.
Initiating the procedure
To apply for the possibility of receiving remote teaching and remote evaluation of continuous assessment exercises, students must fill in the corresponding application form, which will be available on the UGR e-Administration Platform (https: //sede.ugr.es/procs/Gestion-Academica-Solicitud-de-flexibilidad-de-incorporacion-a-la-docencia-presencial/). The application must be accompanied by the documentation that proves the alleged circumstances. Applications will not be considered if they do not provide reliable proof of any of the scenarios or circumstances established in the previous section.
The application shall be addressed to the Vice-Rector for Student Services and Employability.
The period for submitting applications will run from Friday 9 April until Friday 16 April 16 2021.
Completing the procedure
The Vice-Rector for Student Services and Employability will resolve the submitted applications. Successful applications will be communicated to the interested parties through the "HERMES" Notification System of the University of Granada and will also be communicated to the relevant faculty or school. The student must submit the resolution (resolución) of the application to the teaching staff responsible for the course so that they are aware of it and so that they can make the necessary adaptations.
Rejected applications will also be communicated to the interested parties through the "HERMES" Notification System of the University of Granada.
Incoming international mobility students must follow the procedure established by the Vice-Rectorate for Internationalization and will be notified individually by email. This group will have an extended deadline until 23 April and must have the approval of their home institution.