Our current research interests:
1. Cost of shift of mental set [read
Random versus regular shift of mental set.
- Non residual cost: Implications of the central executive
in the mental set reconfiguration
- Residual cost: The response cued completion hypothesis
or response negative feedback to complete the mental set reconfiguration.
- Practice and instructions manipulation effects.
is shifting of mental set?]
2. Focusing in Decision making and Reasoning:
- Modus Tollens versus Modus Ponens difficulty.
- Cost of shift of mental set in a landing task with a flight
simulator of Boeing 747.
- Cost of shift of mental set in financial contexts.
- Why vote intention tests are a bad predictor of the results
of a general political election?
- LPSA (Latent Performance Semantic Análisis in microworlds).
3. Attention neuropsychology and executive
A single case study in hemineglect.
- A single case study in neural bases of stuttering.
- A single case study in dys-ejecutive syndrome.
- A group study in multiple sclerosis.
- A group study in passive deliriums in Schizoprenia.
A single case of conceptual synesthesia (in course by Milan).
Our studies showed that in a person with synesthesia (but no
in the control group), there is cost of shift of mental set
between the following two tasks: task 1, to indicate wether
a number is odd or even. Task 2, to indicate the colour of
the photism of the number (written always in black).
- A single case of blind colour synesthesia.