VIII SHRIMP WS Travel and Lodging
● Granada has a small airport, 18 km away from the city center. It has good
connections with Madrid, Barcelona, and London
● From Granada airport to the city center there is a bus, but the most convenient
way is by taxi (about 25€ the ride)
● Malaga international airport is located about 115 km from Granada. There are
flights to and from all major European cities. It is well connected by bus to
● The most sensible idea for most of you would be flying to Madrid and then
connect to Granada either by airplane, high-speed train (AVE), or bus.
● Air tickets to and from Granada are cheap if you book them in advance, but they
become notably more expensive as the flight date approaches. Currently there are
two flights a day from Madrid and one from Barcelona. Check the connection time.
● The AVE is very comfortable. It departs from Atocha Train Station and goes to
Antequera, where a bus connects with Granada Station. You do not
have to worry about the Antequera-Granada bus ticket. It is included in the AVE
ticket to Granada. The travel takes in total less than 4 hours. Barajas-Madrid
airport and Atocha Train Station are connected by metro. AVE tickets can be
● The bus connection can also be very comfortable if, and only if, you take the ALSA
bus, EUROBUS or PREMIUM class. These are non-stop very comfortable buses. It
takes about 4:30 hours from Madrid South Bus Station to Granada Bus Station.
Other buses are not so comfortable and stop several times. Barajas-Madrid airport