On 11 February 2020 the University of Granada will hold a seminar titled ‘Shaping the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the UGR’, which is intended as a forum for reflection and debate on the University’s contribution to the pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. All members of the University community, including the student body, teaching and research staff, and administrative and support staff, are encouraged to join this participatory event.
Organised by the UGR’s Vice-Rectorates for Equality, Inclusion and Sustainability and for Institutional Policy and Planning, this seminar aims to generate new proposals that will help strengthen our University’s strategy in the implementation of the SDGs.
During the seminar, different experiences and projects that are being carried out at the UGR within the framework of the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be presented. A 2-hour design thinking workshop coordinated by UGR-MediaLab will then be held, focusing on the challenges that the University faces in this context and on proposals designed to respond to these challenges.
- Date: 11 February 2020
- Time: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Venue: BREAKER Centre for Entrepreneurship of the UGR ("Espacio V Centenario" Building on Avenida de Madrid)
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the seminar.
16:45 Welcome event for participants
17:00 Welcome event: ‘The 2030 Agenda at the UGR’
Prof. Pilar Aranda Ramírez, Rector of the University of Granada
Prof. Pedro Mercado Pacheco, Vice-Rector for Institutional Policy and Planning
Prof. Margarita Sánchez Romero, Vice-Rector for Equality, Inclusion and Sustainability
17:30 Presentation on experiences and projects carried out at the UGR in pursuit of the SDGs
18:30 Coffee break
19:00 Design workshop: ‘Proposals for the pursuit of SDGs at the University of Granada’
Coordinated by UGR-MediaLab
20:30 Conclusions and closing ceremony
Design workshop: ‘Proposals for the pursuit of SDGs at the University of Granada’
Coordinator: Esteban Romero (@email) | UGR-MediaLab organisers:
- Javier Cantón | UGR-MediaLab
- Sandra Haro | UGR-MediaLab
- María José Romo| UGR-MediaLab
- María Sánchez | UGR-MediaLab
Time: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
1) Introduction to design thinking methodology (10 min.)
- Presentation by Esteban Romero, Director of UGR-MediaLab
2) Setting up of working groups (5 min.)
3) Defining the problem (10 min.)
- Each group will discuss the following topic: ‘What challenges does the University of Granada face in the framework of the 2030 Agenda and the pursuit of the SDGs?’
4) Generating ideas (15 min.)
5) Proposing measures/actions (30 min.)
- Determining weaknesses and opportunities using a SWOT analysis.
- Drawing a stakeholder map.
- Prototyping: designing a roadmap with possible solutions to each of the problems identified.
6) Sharing proposals (20 min.)
- One member of each group will act as spokesperson and briefly present the results to the rest of the participants, who will be asked to discuss them.