The 9th Conference on International Policy and Security: Strategic trends in the Southern Mediterranean – Horizon 2040, will be held at the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology of the UGR on 19, 20 and 27 April. The conference has been developed as part of the Strategic Analysis Research Programme of the International Security Task Force (GESI) of the UGR. It will explore a broad set of highly relevant current affairs, such as energy security, and migration and trade between Morocco and the EU.
Two speakers will present four or five key trends related to Horizon 2040 in each session. The rest of the time will be dedicated to a question and answer session concerning these trends and other relevant aspects of the region from a forward-looking perspective.
Once the sessions have drawn to a close, each one of them will be released as a podcast on the GESI website. If you wish to pose a question related to the conference themes, but are unable to travel to Granada, you can submit it via the following form. It will be raised at the conference and you can subsequently listen to the answers in the podcast.
Thursday, 19 April. “Salón de Grados” Conference Room. 16.00-18.00
- Egypt: strategic trends. Inmaculada Szmolka, Senior Lecturer in Political Science (UGR)
- Turkey: strategic trends. Marien Durán, Lecturer in Political Science (UGR)
Friday, 20 April. “Salón de Grados” Conference Room. 16.00 - 18.00
- Tunisia: strategic trends. Guadalupe Martínez Fuentes, Lecturer in Political Science (UGR)
- EU energy security on the Mediterranean coast: strategic trends. Antonio Sanchez Ortega, Lecturer in Public International Law and International Relations (UGR)
Friday, 27 April. “Salón de Grados” Conference Room. 16.00 – 18.00
- Morocco: strategic trends. María Angustias Parejo, Senior Lecturer in Political Science (UGR).
- Migration and trade between Morocco and the European Union: strategic trends. Rosa María Soriano, Senior Lecturer in Sociology (UGR).
You can view the full programme via the following link (contents in Spanish):
Organisers: Alberto Bueno, Miguel G. Guindo, Javier Jordán, Guillermo López, Bernardo Rodríguez, the International Security Task Force (GESI), Department of Political Science and Administration, University of Granada.
Dates: 19, 20 and 27 April, 16.00–18.00.
Venue: “Salón de Grados” Conference Room of the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology of the UGR