The fourth session of the international lecture series ‘Narratives of Europe, Narratives for Europe’ will be screened live today Tuesday 23 April at the UGR’s Faculty of Law. This interactive lecture series brings together renowned experts and scholars from the Coimbra Group member universities, and aims to explore the master narratives accompanying each EU country’s stance within the European Union and their visions on European integration.
The series will provide answers to three pertinent questions:
- What do people in the EU member states really think of Europe and European integration?
- How has their thinking changed over time?
- What are the underlying narratives in the different member states?
Each session is conducted in English and consists of two 30-minute presentations, followed by a Q&A session based on comments and issues raised by students from both real and virtual audiences. The focus of the fourth session will be on Great Britain and Ireland.
Speakers at the 4th session
- Prof. Dr. Charlie Jeffery, University of Edinburgh Professor of Politics
- Prof. Dr. Gail Mc Elroy, Trinity College Dublin, Professor of Political Science
Date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Venue: ‘Sala de Conferencias’, Faculty of Law
Time: 6 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
Organisers: University of Cologne and the Coimbra Group
Further information: Narratives of Europe, Narratives for Europe
Prof. Dr. Artur Schmitt, Director for International Strategy, Networks and Projects
Vice-Rectorate for Internationalization
University of Granada