39. "Noise-induced activity supression in nature" 15th Granada Seminar, Granada, September 17-20, 2019 (Invited talk)
38. "Mathematical models of brain development dynamics and their computational implications" The second meeting Spain-Brazil in Mathematics (RSME-SEMA-SBM-SBMAC), Cádiz, December 11-14, 2018 (Invited Conference)
37. "Interacción estructura-función del cerebro: mecanismos fundamentales y propiedades emergentes" V Jornadas Científicas del IC1, Granada, 16 de Noviembre de 2018 (Invited Conference)
36. "Noise-induced spiking activity suppression in neural systems" 2nd International Workshop on Neurodynamics, Castro-Urdiales, Spain September 26-29, 2018 (Invited talk)
35. "Complexity in Brain Structure and Functions" 15th Experimental Chaos and Complexity Conference, Madrid, Spain, June 4-7, 2018 (Invited talk)
34. "Neurophysics: a new physics frontier to understand the structure of brain and its function" master lecture given at the "IRP Mathematics of Memory" organized by the Centre of Recerca Matemàtica of the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona the February 2nd 2017 (Invited Master lecture)
33. "El cerebro como sistema complejo: Fenómenos emergentes de interés en física", Workshop "Avalanchas en Biofísica, Geofísica, Materiales y Plasmas", Organizado por la Universitat de Barcelona en la Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (campus de Leganes), 2-3 de Junio, 2016 (Invited talk)
32. "Física y neurociencia: Fenómenos emergentes en la frontera", Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1 Junio, 2016 (Invited conference)
31. "La Física del Cerebro" Invited conference within the course "Aspectos Físicos y Matemáticos de la Naturaleza y de la Sociedad", en Almuñecar, Spain, del 13-16 de Julio,2015. (Invited Conference)
30. "Brain Performance vs Phase Transitions", talk given at Cimcyc, University of Granada, July 2015 (Seminar)
29. "Neurofísica: extendiendo las fronteras de la física a la comprensión del funcionamiento del cerebro", en Fronteras de la Física, Instituto Carlos I de Física Teórica y Computacional, Grananda, 8 de Mayo de 2015 (Invited Conference)
28. "Efficient information processing in neural systems near phase transitions", talk at Department of Electromagnetism and Physics of the Matter, U. Granada, Granada November 2014 (2014) (Seminar)
27. "Information processing in neural systems through stochastic resonance phenomena" International Workshop on Neurodynamics (NDy14), Castro Urdiales, Spain, 14-17 July 2014 (Invited talk)
26. "Neural systems with short-term synaptic plasticity: emerging phenomena and their computational consequences" within the "Jornadas Científicas del IC1", Granada 10 de abril 2014 (Invited conference)
25. "Stochastic resonance phenomena in neural systems" Escuela Politécnica Superior de la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, December 9th 2013, (Invited talk)
24. "Stochastic multi-resonances in complex nets of spiking neurons" International Conference Net-works 2013, El Escorial, Spain, 11-13 December 2013.
23. "Neural systems with dynamic synapses: emerging phenomena and computational consequences" Dynamic Brain forum, Carmona 3-6 September, 2012 (Invited Conference)
22. "Nonequilibrium behavior in neural networks: criticality and optimal performance" ICCN2009 Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics, Hangzhou 15-19 November, 2009 (talk)
21. "New insights in the modeling of neural systems: bimodal resonances, criticality and brain development" BIOMAT conferences: Mathematics and Life Sciences: Biology & Mechanics Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 1-5 june 2009 (Invited conference)
20. "Modelling neural networks with activity dependent synapses" Workshop and Advanced Course on Deterministic and Stochastic Modeling in Computational Neuroscience and Other Biological Topics, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, May 11 to 15, 2009 (Invited Conference)
19. "Procesamiento de información en medios neuronales con sinapsis depresoras y facilitadoras" Departamento de Física Atómica, Molecular y Nuclear, Universidad de Granada, 20 de Marzo de 2009 (Invited Conference).
18. ``Modelos dinámicos de transmisión sináptica'' en el curso de verano ``Neurociencia Computacional: del procesamiento de información neuronal a las aplicaciones inteligentes bio-inspiradas'', Univ. Autónoma de Madrid, La Cristalera Madrid, 11 de agosto, 2008 (Invited Conference).
17. ``Information processing in neural networks with dynamic synapses''. Biophysics Department, Radboud University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands June 13th, 2008 (Invited Conference).
16. ``Information processing in attractor neural networks with depressing and facilitating synapses.'' Department of Computer Science and Engineering, UAM Madrid, Spain, January 31th, 2008 (Invited conference).
15. ``Information processing in neural media with activity-dependent synaptic dynamics'' Department of Applied Physics I, University of Malaga, June 26th, 2006 (Invited conference).
14. ``The electro-physiology of NRK Fibroblasts: A modelling study” BIOMAT conferences: Mathematics and Life Sciences: Models of Development, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Granada, June 16th, 2005 (Invited conference).
13. ``Neural Computation with dynamical synapses'', BIOMAT conferences, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Granada, December 11th, 2003 (invited talk)
12. ``On the computational implications of dynamical synapses'', Department of Experimental Neurophysiology, Free University of Amsterdam, June 12th, 2003 (seminar)
11. ``Excitability and action potential propagation in quiescent normal r at kidney fibroblasts: A modeling study.'', SNN Nijmegen, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, February 27th, 2002 (seminar)
10. ``Modeling excitability and action potential propagation in quiescent normal r at kidney fibroblasts'', Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, February 15th, 2002 (Invited talk)
9. ``Mathematical model for Ca2+ oscillations in pancreatic acinar cells'', Department of Computer Science and Engineering, UAM Madrid, Spain, October 19th, 2001. (invited talk).
8. ``Modeling electrical signaling in fibroblast'' Cellular Zoology department,University of Nijmegen, Nijemegen, The Netherlands, November 24 2000 (Invited talk)
7. ``Mathematical model for Ca2+ oscillations in pancreatic acinar cells'', SNN Nijmegen, The Netherlands, September 20th, 2000. (Seminar).
6. ``Some topics in the modeling of biological processes in neurons and other cells'', SNN Nijmegen, The Netherlands, June 22th, 2000. (Seminar).
5. ``Modeling neural Assemblies with noise'', SNN Nijmegen, The Netherlands, February 15th, 2000. (Seminar).
4. ``Genesis of Coherent Structures in a Discrete Chaotic Neural Medium''. Department of Medical Physics and Biophysics, University of Nijmegen, Nijemegen, The Netherlands, September 23th, 1999 (Seminar)
3. ``Modeling neural media'' Institute ``Carlos I'' for Theoretical and Computational Physics, June 13th, 1999. (Seminar)
2. ``Stochastic neural networks with coherent fluctuations of synapses'' Department of Medical Physics and Biophysics, University of Nijmegen, Nijemegen, The Netherlands, April 19th, 1999. (Invited talk)
1. ``Modeling collective oscillations in inferior olive'', INLS, University of California San Diego, 1999. (Seminar)